- What is Disconic
The company works as a music licensing agency connecting the music it represents to licensors in media companies, brands, advertisers, film and TV studios, game developers, internet and mobile companies and in-store usage.
It is also the holding company that runs SyncSummit (https://syncsummit.com), a global conference series (NY/LA/Nashville, Canada, Mexico, Singapore, Japan, UK) that serves as a marketplace for the licensing of music for media, branded and advertising projects. The company has a 38K mailing list, 500K social media reach, podcast and blog.
The company uses its event series as a fulcrum to present the music it represents to the community of music licensors.
- Who does Disconic reach?
Since 2012, we’ve built a premier network – which is constantly refreshed through our conference series – of buyers of music – music supervisors, brand managers, ad agencies and others involved in licensing music for media. This network is global and includes the top music supervisors, ad agencies and brands worldwide – we have contacts in Asia, North America, throughout Europe and in South America.
- Who does Disconic represent?
Disconic represents some of the world’s highest profile artists labels. Here’s a sampling:
- YG Entertainment (South Korea) – Psy, CL, 2NE1 – label with many of SK’s top artists
- Perfume (Japan) – one of Japan’s top three bands
- Avex (Japanese label) – a label that controls 17% of the Japanese Market
- JVC (Japanese label) – the home of some of Japan’s most iconic acts
- Times Music (Indian Label) – one of India’s top labels
- Melodiya (Russian Label) – Russia’s top record label
- Som Livre (Brazil’s biggest independent label)
And many other smaller artists and labels from across the world. This gives us a unique market position not only in terms of our ability to deliver music to projects in the US, but also to know what projects internationally need music from the USA.
- Who is our team?
Our team is comprised of music experts from across the world, including China, Japan (where we have a two-person office), the USA and Europe. This global footprint allows us to quickly and successfully handle requests from music licensors.
- What is our business model?
It’s simple, we take a percentage of the master and/or publisher up-front fee from a license. No backend royalty percentage.
For more, get in touch with us at email@example.com